Parks & Public Property: Commissioner John J. Montillo, Jr., Director
Below is a list of activities offered through the Lyndhurst Parks & Recreation Department. You can find information on the Community Pool activities on this website.
For all sports activities, visit your child’s local school website and look for the Parks Department link on the lower left-hand side of the page. General registration information is listed below, however dates are subject to change.
- Aquasize classes – Located at the Lyndhurst Community Pool by a Certified Specialist. 12 week sessions held 4 times a year.
- Pool Membership – We offer a 4 month membership or an annual membership.
- Swimming Lessons – for ages 4 and up held at the Lyndhurst Community Pool. Eight-week sessions held 3 or 4 times a year.
- Mommy & Me – for 1 parent with an infant for babies to get used to the water while singing and playing games.
- Boys Basketball - Registration held from September through early October offered for grades 2-8.
- Cheerleading – Registration held in May offered for grades K-8.
- Flag Football and Football – Registration held in May offered for age 4 for flag football and football for grades 2-8.
- Girls Basketball – Registration held in October offered for grades 1-2 3-8.
- Hockey – Registration held in September offered for ages 4-8.
- LaCrosse – (Instructional) Registration held in February or March and offered to grades K - 8th. Equipment not included in registration price.
- Little League – Registration usually held in January/February.
◦ T-Ball is for boys and girls ages 5 & 6.
◦ Juniors is for boys and girls ages 7 & 8.
◦ Minors is for boys and girls ages 8-11.
◦ Majors is for boys and girls ages 9-12.
◦ Senior League is for boys and girls ages 13-16.
◦ Softball is for girls ages 5-12.
- Recreation Volleyball – Offered to grades 5-8. Registration is usually held in September.
- Soccer – Registration is held in May/June. Offered to grades Pre-K through 8th.
- Wrestling – Registration takes place in November for grades 1st – 8th.
- Women’s Volleyball – Registration takes place in August. For ages 18 and older.